– Xenon or High-Intensity Discharge (HID) lighting provides brighter headlights and
increases visibility of many peripheral objects (i.e., street signs and pedestrians)
left in the shadows by standard halogen lighting.
– HID light sources provide the brightest illumination available and are considered
the benchmark against which other forward lighting technologies are measured.
– HID light sources provide three times the light output of standard halogen light
sources and promote better driving visibility by providing enhanced peripheral
vision and improved down road illumination. HID lighting produces a crisp white
light that stimulates reflective paint in road markers and signs.
– HID lights do not have a filament to break or degrade, meaning they last up to
10 times longer than standard halogen lights.
– HID light sources are energy efficient. Bi-Xenon lighting uses up to 65 percent
less energy than conventional quad lighting, reducing the CO2 emission of a
vehicle by approximately 2.1 g/mile.
– Part of HID lights 101 is knowing which color of HIDs will work the best for you.